Pangazou – The Epic Adventures of Bihangan and Somboi
Pagazou, means Warrior in the Kadazan dialect.
This book is written as the story was narrated by the author’s daughters – Michelle, Dianne and Josephine when they were very young and is out now written form of his grand daughters, Georgia Quirke-Luping and Katie Quirke-Luping.
This is a work of fiction based on a Kadazan Legend. The description of the annual work cycle of the Kadazans, however, is correct; but today because of mechanization and double cropping the annual work cycle is no longer in practice. While most are gone, there are no longer any Pangazou or Warriors amongst us today.
- Cast of Characters
- Chapter One – Pangazou Raid Kambau
- Chapter Two – The Institutions (The System Government)
- Chapter Three – Huguan Siou and Pangazou In Battle at Sunsuron
- Chapter Four – Annual Cycle of Work of a Penampang Peasant
- Chapter Five – Harvest Festival – Moginakan/ The Epic Adventure Begins
- Chapter Six – Bouvang the Huguan Siou Dies/ Somboi on Quest for a Cure
Publication Date: 2006
Publisher: Datuk Seri Panglima Dr. Herman J. Luping
Author: Datuk Seri Panglima Dr. Herman J. Luping